Dear #prose Editors,
This post was featured. In fact, it was actually in this post that you are now reading. I felt, however, that there was a problem with the feature.
You have chosen to feature a story from my life. I don’t mind that it was a story from my life that is featured. I did not tag it #prose because to me it isn’t anything to do with prose, it’s just a fun story I wished to share with people about me being a complete and total asshole. A good story, yes, but feature-worthy, not in the slightest.
I am not going to deny that I enjoy being featured. It is an honor to have the little blue button #prose on something I write (albeit a small one with no monetary payout; disappointment city). I love that people get to read my work and actually like it enough to give it this small honor.
But to the point: that post had no business being featured. It was a waste of a feature. I can list ten pieces that deserve that feature more than my simple life story. And I am going to take this opportunity to do just that.
In no particular order:
- Flying Away by lettersinblackandblue and moderateclimates
- The way our hands held each other… by under—the—bell—jar
- I Stained the Glass with Your Nose Bleed by shesanargonaut
- Your hands were bruised plum purple… by aepocrypha
- knuckles by littlevoicebiglaugh
- Tonight the melting moon howls… by softlycooedthedove
- Black Coffee by clover91
- shoes. by indeception
- Death caressed her like a lover… by katskradlexx
- I Scrawl To Unfurl by thethoughtsofalunatic
In my opinion, these all would be a far better use of features than the crap I wrote about being an asshole to an ex-girlfriend for fun. Maybe it’s just me, though…