- A guidance counselor enthusiastically describe the diversity of the high school she works at to be: “…like Chex Mix!” (Exclamation mark included.)
- A student described as “intellectually curious, almost perfection” by her guidance counselor in that GC’s letter to us.
- A sentence I never thought I’d find myself writing as part of a student’s decision notes: “The essay was sort of a mess, but the paragraph on prostitutes was actually quite good.”
- National Forensics League: most bad-ass extracurricular I’ve read so far
- A student described as “a human version of a muppet” in a teacher recommendation. This was meant as a compliment.
(Similar versions of this post can be found here and here from last year. One of these days I’m going to go back through my series-type posts and add tags to for easier back-searching…)