I’ve seen “so-called Salafis” do at least 5 of these on Tumblr Subhana’allah . May Allah guide us all and give us tawfeeq to practice the true characteristics of the Salaf. Ameen.
WHAT IS NOT FROM SALAFIYYAH – Translation of Recent tweets by Sh. Muhammad Umar Saalim Baazmul
WHAT IS NOT FROM SALAFIYYAH
translation of recent tweets by Sh. Muhammad Umar Saalim Baazmul
1) Taking (knowledge) from just anyone without first looking at their situation in dealing with the Sunnah is not from the methodology of the Salaf. It used to be said: “Indeed this knowledge is religion so look at who you take your religion from.”
2) Treating the mistakes of the people of Sunnah like the mistakes of the people of innovation is not from the methodology of the Salaf, for verily every son of Adam is prone to many mistakes. The methodology of a man is to be looked at and his mistake is dealt with upon that basis.
3) Partisanship, making pacts and secret gathering in exclusion to the rest of the people is not from the methodology of the Salaf. It has been reported that: “Whenever you see those who congregate in the masjid in exclusion to the people, then know that they are upon misguidance.”
4) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to incite the people against the rulers and instigate them to rebel, demonstrate, revolt or publicly criticize them, their ministers or appointees.
5) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to abandon the seeking of mandatory knowledge and neglect seeking recommended knowledge.
6) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to attack the scholars, speak against them, to disavow their knowledge and books and to call to burning, destroying and not referencing them due to a mere mistake they fell into.
7) Blind allegiance to opinions and overestimating them is not from the methodology of the Salaf. They used to say: “My view is correct and can possibly be wrong and what my opponent is upon is wrong but may possible be right.”
8) Animosity on account of the mere occurrence of differing is not from the methodology of the Salaf. They used to differentiate in that regard according to a man’s circumstance and the reality of the issue. Differing along with a pure intention doesn’t ruin the love in any case.
9) It isn’t from the methodology of the Salaf to restrict the religion in one issue such as that whoever agrees with me is Salafi and whoever disagrees with me isn’t Salafi. Salafiyyah is a methodology not a single issue.
10) Blind following and blind allegiance without evidence is not from the methodology of the Salaf.
11) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to revile the Sahabah, even just one of them.
12) Involving oneself and delving into fitnah is not the methodology of the Salaf. Rather they avoided and warned against it.
13) Falling into division, differing and mutual hatred is not from methodology of the Salaf. Their slogan was: Do not hate one another and do not abandon one another and be brothers oh slaves of Allah.
14) Innovation and invention is not from the methodology of the Salaf. Their slogan was: Follow and do not innovate for you have been sufficed, and the affair of old is binding upon you.
15) Knowing the truth because of men is not from the methodology of the Salaf such as that anything that came from so and so must be true. Rather, their slogan was: know the truth and you will know its people, know the truth and you will be from its people.
16) Seeking popularity and elevation over people is not from the methodology of the Salaf. For verily loving to be manifested breaks the backs of people and when a youth is given leadership he misses out on abundant goodness.
17) Being concerned with purely intellectual sciences is not from the methodology of the Salaf. Their knowledge was only what Allah said, what the Prophet – صلى الله عليه وسلم – said and what the Sahabah said.
18) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to be silent from advising regarding Allah, His Messenger, His Book, the rulers of the muslims and their masses.
19) Over-inclination to the world and leaving off working for the hereafter is not from the methodology of the Salaf.
20) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to utilize every verse and hadeeth as evidence until the verse is understood precisely and until the hadeeth is a sunnah that was followed.
21) Exultation above the creation is not from the methodology of the Salaf. They were callers to good, gentleness and mercy.
Post Courtesy: Umar Quinn @AbooSuhailah (hafidhahullaah)
AbdurRahman.org | September 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM | Categories: Salaf, Shaykh Muhammad Bazmool | URL: http://wp.me/p1VJ3-2EQ