This is the last tag thingy I could find (from sagaciousefflundancy), so if you tagged me for something else and I haven’t answered you, it’s just because I can’t find it and definitely not because I’m thumbing my nose at your tag love.
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write another 11 new questions.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them in the post.
Rule 4: Tell them you tagged them.
Rule 5: Tell the person who tagged you that you’ve answered the questions.
- Where is the number one place on your must-travel-to list?
Italy or Greece
- Who are some people on your “Celebrity Five” list?
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Chris Messina, Joe Manganiello, Djimon Hounsou, Josh Hartnett (I know, but he’s back on my radar with Penny Dreadful. Those black eyes. Yowza.), and Lee Pace. (Chris Hemsworth didn’t quite make the list, but I reserve the right to back peddle if he shows up in DC and offers to buy me a drink.)
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever eaten?
Haggis. And it was delicious (but I feel obligated to tell you it was in a puff pastry rather than a sheep’s stomach or sausage casing, which probably helped.)
- What is your dream job?
My answer is always “a writer/to write and teach creative writing workshops” but I haven’t made any steps toward those pursuits in years. Can you still call something your dream if you’ve stopped working toward it? Can I say “the voice of a cartoon character” instead? Or “independent wealth that didn’t come from an injury lawsuit?” I don’t know. My dream job at the moment is something that will allow Adelaide and I to live on our own—indefinitely, I guess, since it seems more and more possible it’ll stay just the two of us—and yield some sense of personal/creative satisfaction. I don’t have either right now, but I’m working toward at least one of them.
- What superpower would you like to have?
- Who’s your Batman of choice? Adam West? Michael Keaton? Val Kilmer? George Clooney? Christian Bale? Ben Affleck?
- What inspires you?
Literature, art, music, kindness, the post-workout adrenaline surge
- What do you regret?
very little, if anything
- How would you like to be remembered?
as warm but strong
- What was your Senior Prom experience like?
I asked a friend who’d graduated the year before. He was a good date. He knew and liked my friends, he bought nice flowers, he opened doors, and he danced with me. Afterwards, we hung out in a public park with some friends and climbed on the monkey bars etc. in our prom clothes. It seemed like he wanted to kiss me goodnight, but he didn’t make the move. A few weeks later, we had to have an awkward conversation about whether we were just friends or whether we were dating. In retrospect, I should’ve said yes to dating. He would’ve been a good boyfriend.
- What’s your comfort food of choice?
Pizza, I think? Though chocolate is what I eat when I’m stressed out … or really sad … or happy … or on a day ending in “Y” … I eat a lot of chocolate, you guys.
If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged! (Or not! No pressure!)
1. What’s your sign?
2. Do you fit into its associated personality traits?
3. Have you ever won anything?
3. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
4. What’s the smartest thing you’ve ever done?
5. What’s the last thing you do before getting into bed at night?
6. Name a song you know all the words to.
7. Tell me about the happiest year of your life (so far).
8. Where do you squeeze the toothpaste from?
9. When you were growing up, what did you do after school in the hours before your parent(s) got home?
10. What do you do to combat stress?
11. What would you like to happen in the next five years?