First my highlights before I get emotional…. Not necessarily in order:
1) we had amazing seats tonight. We were one row back from the left part of the T stage. All the members came by several times
2) for like the first two songs Aiba-chan was right in front of me. Guys let me tell you. That man is so genetically blessed it’s not even funny. He was so close I could see the moles on his cheek!! And that smile!! It’s so big and warm and genuine.
3) during the first MC Nino was getting water and Ohno went over with him. He also hung back with him as they were walking over to the Aloha stage. So great to see Ohmiya in action. Sho also kept checking on Neens too..
4) The clouds kept rolling in and I kept saying I wanted it to rain for 5x10, but it didn’t. However the storm clouds overhead while they were singing was so special to me.
5) it wasn’t long though before I got my DOWNPOUR!! They singing Paradox in the pouring rain was pretty much porn. And let’s not talk about Nino. That man has moves I’m telling you and he was right in our face. The finished Paradox with Aiba looking right at our section. Could. Have. Died.
6) Making eye contact with Aiba-chan!!! It still gives me chills. And that smile!! Dead!!
7) downpour. Guts. Fireworks. It was AH-maze-ing!!!!
8) Nino pulling up his pants right in front of us
9) making eye contact with Nino during Your Eyes!!
10). Sho’s bouncy hair!! And his messing up during Believe…. Twice. And then not talking about it but Jun making him doing it while Nino sang.
11) Aiba slipping on the wet stage
12) aiba hitting his head when they were getting in the helicopter to leave.
13) Jun drying the floor with his jacket before Ohno’s backflip.
14) the final speeches. Aiba talking about the last time they came and his lung collapsed and he couldn’t be with them. It always gets to me that it still bothers him and he started crying when talking about the dabs and turned his back to us and covered his face. I lost it!!
15) after that they did Bittersweet and Nino was teasing Aiba like he does by covering is face and walking backwards and Aiba kept smacking him.
I could go on and on but I need to sleep. Here is where my personal thoughts come in and probably tears. After the concert I broke down. Tonight was everything I ever wanted from an Arashi concert. Songs I love. Seeing the guys so happy. The rain.
If I never get the chance to see them live again. I can leave Hawaii knowing that they gave me the experience of a lifetime with people who at first were strangers but are now my dear friends. I did feel like an “international” fan. I was just a fan.
The hours of waiting. The massive sunburn. All of it was worth it. If you are like me and see these guys as much more than just pretty faces and idols. You see them as human beings with huge hearts and such a deep love for their fans. I feel like I’m part of something amazing and feel so great flu and appreciative that I got to experience this.