this will be long and have more than 5 things tbh
and i just realised that this will make it seem like i hate the 100 which isn’t really true. the show is just like the child who is really dirty all the time and you try to clean them up, but they just go outside and throw themselves into the mud again
1. finn is alive and his entire season 2 storyline is rewritten so that we have an accurate portrayal of ptsd in war, as well as him doing it ‘only for clarke’ is erased and focuses on him wanting to find all his friends that have been captured instead of this lame ass attempt at a romeo and juliet-esque tragedy we got. he could’ve been something great in season 2, but they screwed that up big time. to have the most peaceful and human character do a completely 180 and fucking break in half is not something that should just be swept under a rug with ‘ok now he’s dead let’s have peace’. he could’ve lived and they could’ve given him the rest of the season(s) to live with the guilt of what he had done instead.
1b. the show shouldn’t ignore finn’s intelligence when tristan says ‘we only need one to take back to the council bla bla bla’ and by then he should’ve been able to put two and two together and realise the grounders didn’t have the rest of the 100, which kinda would’ve erased all of the above, guess the writers weren’t that smart about that. (thanks miranda babe i am now furious again)
2. have the other characters contribute something in season two, other than clarke. when i say this i’m not saying that they haven’t done anything. that’s not true and i know that. i would just have liked to see the other characters come up with something, anything, other than this whole ‘what would clarke do’ business. i’m not saying that it’s not refreshing to see clarke conquer when we’ve seen so many ‘white boys destined for glory’ before. but she’s almost become god like, where there’s no possible way for anyone else to come up with a plan. octavia could’ve gone to the grounders, seeing as she is the only one to respect and accept the grounders and their culture, for starters. there were great character arcs in season 1 and now i just feel that clarke has 89% of the eps and all the other characters has to share the remaining 11%. raven has barely had anything to do this season besides sitting by a radio, come on. this girl deserves better! bellamy has honestly not done a thing from 2x01-2x09.
3. more monty. that’s honestly it for this one. monty is awesome. more monty!
4. have jaha die in the season 1 finale. because now… yeah. i don’t see the point of him right now tbh. sure, the city of light could’ve been interesting, but the way he is just rubs me the complete wrong way.
5. have jasper die in the pilot and this goes back to nr3 because monty deserves more screentime than jasper imho. monty is more useful, funnier, nicer and a better character. that’s how i feel, anyway.
6. not have murphy do a 180 and become mr nice-and-friendly-and-i-just-wanna-be-loved-guy. i don’t think it’s believable and i find it so fucking weird that 1, they all forgive him and 2, that it’s not considered ooc? like? he peed on a black man he quite frankly treated like a slave? he planned out two murders? and killed them? and tried to kill bellamy and shot raven? and one day later he’s crying in front of raven and is telling her his whole sad life story?? i’m?????? it does not make sense. at least not in ep1. i would’ve considered accepting it right about now in the end of the season. maybe…
7. have the grounders be portrayed as less savage than what they are now. it’s something that’s been bothering me. sure, in some ways i can accept it, like with the mountain men putting them in cages, to treat human people like beasts, like nothing more to be used and tossed aside is… it’s horrifying. but they could tell the story better. get the grounders perspectives other than them wanting to fight all the time. the only ones who have shown respect and understanding towards the grounders, imo, are octavia and finn. that’s not enough. they treat lincoln like an animal in 1x07, and then he’s the gentle savage saved by the white savior in octavia. (this is also something you should read about this)
8. anya should be alive. i don’t care that it would’ve been ‘too easy’ then. it wouldn’t. the grounders still wouldn’t have trusted the arkers and the other way around. what we would have was a grounder who could’ve told her people first hand what they did to their people inside the mountain and the grounders then would’ve had a reason to even consider working together with the arkers. then it would’ve made sense.
9. kinda wished they would acknowledge that bellamy is poc, but what can you do.