8 Reasons Why You Should Lift Heavier Weights:
- You’ll Torch Body Fat - - You may have been told that cardio is the ultimate fat burner, but that effect stops the minute you hop off the treadmill. Build more muscle and you’ll keep your body burning fat all day long.
- You’ll Look More Defined
- You’ll Fight Osteoporosis - The key to this one is consistency, as research has shown that lifting heavy weights over time not only maintains bone mass but can even build new bone, especially in the high-risk group of post-menopausal women.
- You’ll Burn More Calories - You may burn more calories during your 1-hour cardio class than you would lifting weights for an hour
- You’ll Build Strength Faster - Lifting lighter weights for more reps is great for building muscle endurance, but if you want to increase your strength, increasing your weight load is key.
- You’ll Lose Belly Fat
- You’ll Feel Empowered - Lifting heavier weights—and building strength as a result—comes with a big self-esteem boost. Your strength will not only show in your lean, toned body, but also in your attitude.
- You’ll Prevent Injury