After three years of only seeing wizards and witches and everyone in between only drinking firewhiskey or butterbeer, I’ve decided to make this guide/masterlist containing all of the Wizarding alcohol I could find online.
- Fishy Green Aleis a Wizarding beverage whose ingredients included fish eggs. A known brand of Fishy Green Ale is Paulopabita’s.
- Wizard’s Brew is a Wizarding brand of sweet stout sold in Wizarding pubs, such as the Leaky Caludron, the Fountain of Fair Fortune, and the Hopping Pot, all in Diagon Alley.
- Dragon Scale is a Wizarding brand of ale that “starts out as an ale, winds up as a lager” sold in Wizarding pubs.
- Hog’s Head Brew is a draught beer crafted and served at The Hog’s Head Inn in Hogsmeade.
- Butterbeer is a Wizarding beverage described as tasting “a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch”. It is sold at numerous locations in the Wizarding World and has a very slight alcoholic content.
- Simison Steaming Stout is a brand of dark beer which presumably emitted smoke. The label featured a picture of a steam engine.
- Dragon Barrel Brandy is a Wizarding brand of brandy in production since 1774. It is matured for 150 years.
- Bungbarrel Spiced Mead is a brand of spiced mead produced by the Mina Meadery of Aynha from 1572 onward.
- Knotgrass Mead is a brand of mead containing 23% alcohol. It is pressed and bottle by wildflower sprites at the Mystical Meaderie. It received the Magical Meads award.
- Mulled Mead is a mead, served warm, produced by brewing a solution of honey and water, then flavouring it with spices and various fruits. It is sold at the Three Broomsticks and the Leaky Cauldron.
- Red currant rum is a rum made from red currants. It is sold at the Three Broomsticks.
- Beetle Berry Whiskey is a Wizarding brand of whiskey sold at the Leaky Cauldron. It is made from berries.
- Campbell’s Finest Old Whisky is a Wizarding brand of whiskey distilled by W. Campbell. It is sold at the Three Broomsticks and is bottle in Inverness, Scotland.
- Pure Malt Whisky is a Wizarding brand of whiskey produced by Sir Tomkins % Co. This beverage was registered in Edinburgh. It is availble for purchase at the Leaky Cauldron.
- Schletters Fine Whisky is a brand of whiskey produced and bottle in Scotland by Schletters Distillery. It is sold at the Hog’s Head.
- Swott Malt Whisky is a Wizarding blend of the “finest highland whisky”, produced by Swotts & Swotts Scotch Distilleries. It is sold at the Leaky Cauldron.
- White Rat Whisky is a brand of whiskey sold at the Hog’s Head. It is brewed in the cellars of the Warlocks of Zanzibar. The label says one of the ingredients is a “hint of the fires of the Norwegian Ridgeback.”
- Blishen’s Firewhisky is a brand of premium Highaldn Scotch firewhiskey brewed by Blishen. It is aged for 39 years, and the label proclaims it is “the King of Whiskies.” It is sold at the Hog’s Head.
- Ogden’s Old Firewhiskey is a brand of firewhiskey produced by Ogden.
- Celery and Beetroot Wine is made of fermented celery and beetroot. Some fans of Gilderoy Lockhart’s brewed this wine at home.
- Elderflower wine is a wine made from the flowers of the elder tree. One known manufacturer of this wine is Molly Weasley.
- Elf-made wine is a wine brewed by house-elves.
- Nettle wine is brewed from nettles and not poisnous. It is soft blue in colour.
- Superior Red is a brand of red wine produced, distributed, and matured for a thousand years by the Malfoy Apothecary.
- Turnip Wine is a wine made from fermented turnips rather than grapes. Brother Boniface is known for making this wine.
- Berry Ocky Rot is a fruit wine containing 17% alcohol. It is made from berries and aged in oaken bungbarrels for a thousand years.
- Daisyroot Draught is an alcoholic beverage made from daisies. It is sold at the Hog’s Head Pub in Hogsmeade.
- Quintin Black is a brand of alcohol produced and sold in Scotland by the Quintin family from the year 1792 and onward. It is spellbound for 18 years in copper cauldrons and is described as “exceptionally smooth” on its label.
- Aberforth Dumbledore
- Dragon Barrel
- Elm Distilleries
- Madam Rosemerta
- Mina Meadery of Aynha
- Mystical Meaderie
- The Quintin family
- Schletters Distillery
- Swotts & Swotts Scotch Distilleries
- W. Campbell
Alcohol in the Wizarding World
- Swott Malt Whisky was proofed by a Magics Hydrometer which presumably works the same as a Muggle alcoholometer. It it used to determine the proof of an alcoholic beverage.
- Alcohol is regulated in magical society by the Department of Intoxicating Substances and licensed by the Licensing Wizengamot of Great Britain. Beverages with heavy alcohol are restricted to wizards that are of age.