Having never traveled outside the country, Madalyn Goss made sure her first-ever international trip was worthwhile. This Political Science major, who is also pursuing a Middle East Studies minor, spent two weeks this winter studying in Saudi Arabia through a fellowship she earned through the Bloomsburg University Model Arab League, participating in the National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations conventions.
Goss was among 10 selected students for this prestigious program, which extends beyond the two-week study abroad experience. Participants also engage in a variety of activities back home after their time in Saudi Arabia speaking on their experience, presenting public lectures and writing articles reflecting on their new perspective of Saudi Arabia and Middle East culture.
- A glimpse of Saudi Arabia old and new
- When in Saudi Arabia, do as the Saudi Arabians do!
- Next stop … Saudi Arabia
- Hello Riyadh, nice to meet you
- Whew, what a day!
- A toast with “Saudi Champagne”
- A night walk to the Red Sea
- Old Jeddah … the city that looks like a movie
- Every journey begins with a single step