I was tagged by the lovely Shona the-bitch-to-your-jerk to do this thingummy, when I really should be revising.
But of course, it would be a discourtesy to work now and not reply, so thanks for the procrastination help honey.
RULES are as follows:
- Always post the rules
- Answer the questions the person gave you and write 11 new questions for people you tagged
- Tag 11 people and link them to the post
1. Favourite instrument visually?
I don’t know… I’m so incredibly unmusical. Maybe the cello or the french horn.
2. What’s your earliest memory?
…hmmm probably driving in the car really fast with my mum to beat my friend and her dad to the bubble blowing frog in the shopping centre at Milton Keynes. (Google it - it’s a clock and every hour it plays music and blows bubbles. We used to dance in the bubbles)
3.You now have to wear your icon’s outfit- how doomed are you?
Her dress is gorgeous. I’m very happy and not doomed at all.
4. Last book that you wanted to throw out of a window and why it made you want to do that.
The Persian Boy by Mary Renault. There are good reasons behind this that you, Shona dear, will understand. When I started the book I’d just read the book that comes before it, Fire From Heaven. Fire From Heaven centres on the relationship between Alexander the Great and Hephaistion. I had fallen in love with their relationship and shipped it HARD.
The Persian Boy focusses on Alexander’s relationship with Bagoas, a Persian eunuch who is described by Curtius as “a eunuch of remarkable beauty and in the very flower of boyhood, who had been loved by Darius [former king of Persia] and was afterwards to be loved by Alexander.”
I was really annoyed, for obvious reasons. Because Bagoas plots to kill Hephaistion, because although Hephaistion is still Alexander’s Patroklos and much-loved, Alexander is sleeping with Bagoas. I wanted Bagoas to go away, stop getting in the way of Alexander and Hephaistion and find Oromedon, a eunuch who was his first love and taught him how to please a man.
I wanted to throw it out of the window then.
(later, though, I fell for Bagoas, and now, though I love childhood Alexander/Hephaistion, Bagoas/Alexander is my true shipping because - especially at the end - Hephaistion was a bit of a dick.)
5. Translate “I lost my shoe” into your native language/a language of your choosing?
German - ich habe meinen Schuh verloren.
6.What are you listening to right now?
my ‘non-imposing work playlist’ on spotify - the song’s changing as I type sooo Greenback Boogie, the suits theme tune.
7. To-may-toe or To-mah-to?
To-mah-to (you say to-may-toe, I say to-mah-to, you say po-tay-toe, I say po-tah-to, let’s call the whole thing off - but oh, if we call the whole thing off then we must part, and if we have to part then that might break my heart… don’t test me, I know the entire song.)
8. Favourite Marvel hero?
Idk…. I don’t really do comics. But Cap’n America seems good (but then black widow and daredevil). Don’t make me decide.
9. Name your top F/F ship (if you have any)?
I have a hundred and two. I was going to say Vauseman but no - Willow and Tara from btvs since they were the first long-term lesbian relationship on TV, and they will always hold a special place in my heart.
10. Who is your role model?
Hmm… Neil Gaiman maybe?
11. Tell me about a head canon of yours (any fandom)?
Hmmmmmm OK, Sherlock headcanon - Sherlock uses the toaster in an experiment, and John gets really annoyed, and spends a whole afternoon writing NOT FOR SCIENCE on sticky labels and sticking them to appliances… except he discovers it has no effect and just gives up.
Bonus: how was your weekend?
It didn’t have enough work in it. I did discover Outlander, though, so that was fantastic. I had a pretty shitty saturday, having said that, got a bit stressed out and over-emotional and upset.
- What’s outside the nearest window to you right now?
- A book you wish everyone had read but no-one has?
- Any strange or interesting traditions/things in your town? (e.g. an eccentric who goes around at 2am with a pole, a festival with scary tree people who call themselves Bang To Rites, a guy building a shed in a car-park, a fair every october next to your house (all examples from my town))
- Favourite kind of biscuit?
- Describe your favourite mug to me.
- What’s your opinion on religion?
- Nicest thing a teacher’s ever said to you?
- Did you have a favourite dressing-up costume as a kid? What was it?
- Describe your first best friend to me. Do you still know them?
- What are your grandparents like?
- Tell me something you like and something you dislike about your current house.
I tag! kagei-raven, team-morphine, bahamamamakuudere, pipinanapple, the-bitch-to-your-jerk, deducingisforcheesecakes, maths-turbation, cybernekokaito (that’s 8), butter-bane, jovnlock (that’s 10), luckyflyingfish (that’s 11).
No pressure to do it! (I know some of you were already tagged by Shona…I just have not got enough friends. If you do do it, feel free not to tag anyone - oh, and feel free to tag me back in! Love answering questions!)