The Trenton Museum Society at Ellarslie Museum invites you to submit to SPLASH: Promising Watercolorists that runs November 22, 2014 through January 18, 2015.
The show’s intent is to illustrate the variety of approaches used in watercolor mediums. Watercolor has been viewed as a traditional medium, however, we are aware that artist are also using watercolor in interesting ways. We wish to explore the varying approaches artists take with this medium. The juror will be Robert Sakson, teacher, watercolorist and Garden State Watercolor Society member.
The attachment explains submission guidelines. We ask you to comply with the deadlines and requirements so your work, if selected, is presented in the best possible manner. Any additional information required may be obtained by contacting:
Elise Mannella firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-672-7455
If your work is not selected for this particular show, it is not a comment to quality, as quality in your work was already ascertained by prior previewing. Your work will be considered for future shows, and we will maintain an in-house artists’ database.
Saturday, November 22, 2014 through Sunday, January 18, 2015
The Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie in Cadwalader Park, Trenton, NJ
Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m to 3 p.m. Sunday: 1 to 3 p.m.
Closed Mondays and municipal holidays .
MEDIUM: Works of watercolor on paper or other surfaces. Books or other 3-D work are welcome but exhibition space will be limited. We will not consider digital reproductions of art previously created in other mediums.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists 18 years of age and over that have received an invitation to submit. All work entered must be the artist’s original creations completed within the last five years.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 27, 2014
SUBMISSION FEES: There is no submission fee for entry to the show. You are encouraged to become a member of this dynamic institution http://www.ellarslie.org/members.htm
SUBMISSION GUIDELINE: Only submissions meeting the following specifications will be considered for review:
1. Submissions for jury review must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Subject line must include: last name.Watercolor Example: Smith.Watercolor. No submissions will be accepted via US Postal Mail.
2. All work accepted must be ready for museum display by the time of delivery.
3. Maximum of three pieces per artist.
4. Image specifications:
- Size/type: Jpeg format sized at 1000 pixels, largest dimension
- Image label format: Image files should be labeled and sent as follows:
Last name_First initial_Title 1; Last name_First initial_Title 2; (example: Smith_J_Transformation).
5. Please include the following in the body of your email:
b) Address (street, city, state and zip code):
d) email address:
e) Title of Artwork:
f) Size (w x h):
h) Retail Price:
i) Bio: (two sentence)
j) Artist Statement: (50 words or less)
CALENDAR AFTER REVIEW:
- Notification of acceptance: Sunday, October 6, 2013 Accepted artists and piece(s) will be notified by email.
- Drop–off of accepted artwork: November 11, 12 during museum hours, weekend drop off during 11/8-9 to be arranged.
- The Trenton City Museum, Ellarslie Mansion in Cadwalader Park ,Trenton, New Jersey
- directions may be found: http://www.ellarslie.org/contact.htm
- Opening reception: Sat November 22 6-8 pm
- Pick up of artwork: Sunday, January 18 after 4 pm, Jan 12 & 13, 2015, 10 am-4 pm
Submission of an emailed application for jury review constitutes an agreement between the artist and the Trenton City Museum. All artists will be required to sign a contract with conditions that include:
1. Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of drop-off procedure on the designated dates and times at the Trenton City Museum and for the duration of the show or until time of purchase.
2. The Trenton City Museum reserves the right to reject any work submitted if they are not as represented or complies to the stipulations aforementioned.
3. Accepted artwork shall remain in the installation and not be removed before the final exhibit date.
5. Artwork must be picked up at the stated dates and times unless alternative accommodations are agreed by the Trenton Museum.
6. Sale of Artwork: The Trenton City Museum encourages the sale of exhibited work.
- The Trenton City Museum will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds for artwork.
- The Trenton City Museum will retain 40% of the retail price of artwork as commission and pay the balance of any sale within 10 days.
- Payment for artwork will be made by check within 10 business days of close of the exhibit.
- The Trenton City Museum retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork for promotion of the show and the museum.
- Contact : Elise Mannella firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-672-7455