1. My ideal day is sitting in bed watching shows, drinking coffee, reading to my kids and of course shopping online.
2. I call my night-time, fashion site trolling routine, my fashion porn.
3. Musicals make me angry, but since my 4 year-old loves them, and I mean LOVES them, I have to hear Annie songs every day.
4. I’m a sucker for animals. In the last few years I’ve had a mouse, 2 bunnies, a turtle, 2 horses, 4 dogs, a bird and a fish.
5. I drink a bone broth smoothie every morning and my favorite food is bacon.
6. My exercise of choice is horse-back riding and bikram yoga, but bikram and I have a love/hate relationship.
7. Melanie and I love to play pranks on each other. We’ve recently had a Pinterest hacking war. It began when I saw M’s computer open and Pinterest up. I took it upon myself to make a board (on her account) devoted to Justin Bieber…then I broadcast it on Facebook.
8. I got my first tattoo at 16 in a biker joint in Michigan (I’m from Ann Arbor). Unfortunately, it is of Felix the Cat.
9. Melanie and I drive the same car.
10. Some of my favorite places: hiking and river rafting outside of Sarajevo in Bosnia, Petra in Jordan, wandering the streets of Venice with my husband (really wandering any town with my husband), beach chilling in Buzios, Brazil and family vacations on the North Shore of Ohau, Hawaii
11. I got trapped in a port in Turkey with no money while I was traveling with my best friend Mitra -you can read my essay about our bond and travels here. It was published in an anthology.
12. I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.
13. My favorite design houses are Celine, Miu Miu, Chloe, Margiela, Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester. I love online shopping at Zara and my ultimate favorite is vintage store shopping.
14. I met my husband through my divorce attorney.
15. Everybody thought I was a boy until I was 12 and I still prefer a tomboy edge to sexy clothes.