In the immortal words of The Waitresses, “Now the calendar is just one page and, of course, I am excited.” I thought I’d take this time now to review what I’ve accomplished so far toward the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year.
Resolutions Progress Report
365 Project: I will post one thing a day to this Tumblr from my life for a whole year.
24 Books New Years Resolution: I will read 24 books before the end of the year. Graphic novels and comics will not count as books but audiobooks will.
1. Zero History – William Gibson
2. Kitchen Confidential – Anthony Bourdain
3. When You Are Engulfed in Flames – David Sedaris
4. Juliet, Naked – Nick Hornby
5. The Commitment – Dan Savage
5-1/2. Scenes From an Impending Marriage – Adrian Tomine
6. Born Standing Up – Steve Martin
7. Water For Elephants – Sara Gruen
8. Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex - Mary Roach
9. Spook: - Mary Roach
10. Boneshaker - Cherie Priest
11. I’m A Stranger Here Myself: Notes on Returning to America After Twenty Years Away - Bill Bryson
12. Robopocalypse - Daniel H. Wilson
13. The Umbrella Man and Other Stories - Roald Dahl
14. Nerd Do Well - Simon Pegg
15. Immovable Feast: A Paris Christmas - John Baxter
16. The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party’s Revolution And The Battle Over American History - Jill Lepore
17. Stranger Than Fiction - Chuck Palahniuk
18. Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
19. Ubik - Phillip K. Dick
20. Bossypants - Tina Fey
21. A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
22. Wicked - in process
23. Woman Warrior - in process (audio)
24. World War Z - To Be Read
My 12 Items Resolution: I will only allow myself to buy one item per month that contributes to my wardrobe. This includes purses and shoes but excludes socks and underwear.
1. Gary Graham Dress
2. Matt & Nat Hobo
3. AllSaints Pious Tee Dress
4. straw hat
5. Theory Maxi Dress
6. Nike Basic Black Racerback Tank
7. AllSaints Cerulean Cardigan
8. White Sweatshirt with Buttons from Forever 21
9. Mustard colored knit cardigan from Anthropologie
10. Bespoke Scarf
11. Nau Out-Skirt
12. Mary Meyer Maxi Dress
and the resolution breaker:
13. Grey John Varvatos for Converse slip-on Chuck Taylors
As you can see I am a little behind on my 24 Books resolution, gone a little over my 12 Items resolution and I think I might actually be missing a day from this blog if my math is right, though I have no idea where that could have gone.
I’m quite satisfied with how this project turned out, so much so that I may continue to make new years resolutions just to see what I can do. I never would have read even 10 books this year if I hadn’t given myself the goal. I probably would have bought a lot more clothes, shoes, bags, and scarves this year if I didn’t have to think each purchase through carefully. I would have spent much more money and saved a lot less as well.
And if I didn’t look for things in my life every day to post to this blog I wouldn’t have memories like this, this, this, or this to look back on.