[ Sorry, but I have to make something clear with the general public, RPers especially, because if you’re constantly interacting with people, your partners and readers should be able to view your blog’s content easily. This is basic RPer etiquette. These are basic RP manners. And I know that fancy box themes with small font and pretty graphics are in style recently, which is even more of a reason why I’m saying this now. Yes, those themes are pretty, and you can still have a theme like that, however your content should be easily accessible from the main page.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when making a fancy theme:
- Your text colours should stand out against your background
- Your font size should be 12px (11 at the very least), and small or sub or sup font should be 100% (so the same size as your normal text)
- Box themes are okay but make sure the box is big enough and centered so that your posts can easily be read and scrolled through
- Also for box themes (and this can apply to any theme with scrollbars), make sure your scrollbars are big enough and stand out so that people can easily view all contents in scrollboxes
- Grid themes or themes with multiple columns make it hard to tell which posts come before which, and usually they look messy and can be very confusing to one’s eyes, so try to keep it to one column of posts
- Make sure your posts are big enough to be seen (this goes along with the box themes and making sure the box is big enough)
- Links and information (such as description) should be easy to see and stand out from the background (considering this and your posts are what partners and readers look at the most)
I believe there’s more but I’m going to leave it there, as the very basic points of how you can make your theme content easily accessible. And remember, even if it looks fine for you, it may not look that way for someone else (or multiple people, even), and they may be struggling to read it, so make sure to be courteous to others’ when making your themes— especially since they would be going on your blog a lot more than you yourself would be.
Thank you, and have a wonderful day. ]