16 things I’ve learned by 16
1. Love yourself. I guarantee you will be happier.
2. Be open to other’s opinions. Despite what you think, you are not always right. Don’t keep yourself from the opportunity of learning from others.
3. Always stick up for what you believe in, even if it doesn’t agree with popular opinion. Your opinion and beliefs matter too.
4. Sometimes you will be at fault and that’s okay. Saying sorry doesn’t say you’re weak it shows courage for admitting you were wrong.
5. Eat whatever you want and enjoy it. Don’t spend ridiculous time reading labels seeing how many calories are in something. Some people don’t have the luxury of having food labels to read.
6. Don’t let life pass you by. Seize every moment because inevitably it will end. You don’t want to look back on your life and regret the chances you never took.
7. Be observant of the vast world around you. Watch the leaves change, the rain fall, the tides change, the phases of the moon, the sun rise and set, and the starry sky. Take it all in.
8. Appreciate what you have and don’t complain about what you don’t. You are one person of seven billion, be happy you can be apart of that. There is always someone who has less than you and someone who has more.
9. A boy will break your heart but kissing strangers won’t bring him back. You don’t need him to be happy.
10. Don’t blame others for your failure. They’re not responsible for you. You are responsible for you.
11. Set a goal and achieve it. Work for it, odds are it won’t come easy.
12. Accept compliments. When someone says your hair looks good don’t say I didn’t even brush it, say thank you and walk away knowing your hair looks fucking great.
13. Have meaningful conversation with meaningful people. Talk about death, politics, sex, aliens, the meaning of life, and what you want to accomplish. Words can change the world, don’t use them to hurt others.
14. Don’t live in the past wishing you could take something back or do it differently. It happened and it’s over, don’t let it ruin the present. Live in the now.
15. Go on adventures. Climb a mountain and scream when you get to the top, go on a road trip and sleep in your car, go to the ocean and listen to the waves crashing the shore. Be spontaneous.
16. Appreciate the people who love you. If you love someone let them know. No one can read minds.