I seriously can’t believe it’s already September!! I mean seriously, what happened?! Time is flying!!
I have enjoyed the summer, but to be honest, I’m pretty excited for fall. I love pumpkin pie anything, cider, scarves, blazers, etc. And then when NYC gears up for Christmas, it’s truly magical.
I wanted to make a breakfast recipe that was not only low carb, but also one where I could incorporate some cinnamon or pumpkin pie flavor. I’m ready!!
I decided to make some almond flour pancakes. Seriously so freaking good! Make them, make them now! And I even had extra and they reheated so well!
1 3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
2 Pastured Eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg (I used pumpkin pie spice instead)
2/3 cup Water
1 Tbsp Salted Butter, for frying
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk two eggs.
- Pour almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract, and eggs to the bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add water, and continue to stir.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter or coconut oil in a large non stick skillet.
- Using 1/8 cup, scoop batter into the frying pan, leaving enough space in between pancakes to flip.
- Cook 2 minutes on the first side, flip, and cook for a remaining 1-2 minutes. Add additional cooking fat as needed. (It helps to flip pancakes back and forth a bit to ensure they are cooked through.)
- Top with your choice of grass fed butter or coconut oil, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and serve.
Enjoy this one guys! It’s delish!