I haven’t ranted in a while. Let’s see if I can break down why folks are mad:
1. They assumed Carol wouldn’t play much of a role in saving the group from Terminus, but she orchestrated the whole thing and is pretty much the reason they’re all still alive.
2. They assumed Carol would have to beg Rick to take her back into the group, but instead he basically groveled at her feet and asked if she would accept him.
3. They assumed Carol’s story was over, but she’s been a major focus this season and her fan base has increased like mad.
4. They assumed that scene in “Strangers” would be about Daryl being angry with Carol, but instead he watched over her and asked her to “start over” with him.
5. They assumed Daryl would stop at nothing to find Beth, but instead he was ready to hop on a church bus and head to DC.
6. They assumed “Consumed” would be all about Daryl focusing on Beth and even that he would reveal his supposed romantic feelings for her to his “buddy” Carol, but instead the episode was primarily about Carol’s story and about how the two of them interacted with each other.
7. They assumed this season would be all about Beth and even about a relationship with Daryl, but instead all the promo materials focus on Daryl with Carol and there’s a strong likelihood that Beth’s story will end in the MSF.
8. They get pissy when we call Carol/MMB the Queen, but they’ve had to read that moniker in reviews from tv critics and even hear it spoken by a character on the show. Ouch.
I’m sorry folks are disappointed by the way the show is going, but all of this stuff was as plain as potatoes, as Abe would say. If you’re upset, you shouldn’t be pissed at Gimple or anyone but yourself, for listening to people who have their own bizarre reasons for hating Carol or for failing to pay attention to the show. Maybe you should sit back and watch the TWD that’s actually on our screens instead of the one you created out of thin air. It’s actually a really good show.