Companions that I want in a future Dragon Age game:
- An Avvar barbarian. They’re one of the coolest bits of the setting that are never tapped, and I’m still sad that the Human Barbarian origin got cut from the first game. I’d want a fierce berserker who likes to preach the glory of Haakon Wintersbreath and the Mountain-Father, and gets into frequent disputes with Andrastian “lowlander heathens.”
Lock the romance to humans and dwarves only.
- A Nevarran Reaver. Yes, I know Cassandra is from Nevarra, but she rejects that heritage; I want someone who is a proud dragon-slayer, willing to do anything to further their own prestige. You could have an awesome noble/savage dichotomy with this character, between their refined family and their brutal profession.
- Ketojan, or someone like him. I don’t care how you do it. Just give me my precious baby.
- A Rivaini spirit healer. Rivain never really converted to the Andrastian faith very well, and their mages learn the art of spirit healing (possession by benevolent spirits) within their Circles. They also have a fair population of humans who follow the Qun, which is pretty neat.
- A dwarf from Kal-Sharok. Nothing quite like a thousand years of complete isolation from the surface and a burning hatred of the dwarves from Orzammar. Add in a dose of the heavily-implied darkspawn taint and you’re good to go.
- A darkspawn disciple. They’re confirmed to survive even if you killed The Architect, and it would be fascinating to see one presented sympathetically.