Hello there! Welcome to the fangirl fighters blog of Andrea and Haley, here to rant like crazy for either your enjoyment, or for you to scroll past with annoyance. (I imagine most is the latter.) I happen to be the more rant-ier and crazy of the two, Haley. Today, i figured we might as all talk about obsessions. We ALL have them. (Don’t you dare think you are hiding it, hun, cause you are most certainly aren’t. If anything, it’s obvious like Rudolph’s nose in the middle of a horror movie.)
Now. I have “phases” of obsession. (Yes, I am that strange.) And my current phase has been painfully crawling through the world of anime and manga. AKA, Japanese culture. If you’ve been with us since the beginning, you may remember the post I made in my adventures in the anime world, sometime in August? It involved a little series called:
Ouran High School Host Club. (As well as a small portion on the creepy-ass moon and sun in the Soul Eater skies.) Those days have long passed, (fyi, I finished ALL the Ouran manga as well), and I am now all over the map with my anime choices. At the end of the day, however, there is one anime I am absolutely
obsessed ENTHRALLED with. I believe in all honesty, I must be the most annoying person ever when it comes to talking about it. I imagine people roll there eyes as soon as I mention it. It’s that bad. Curious, are you? I happen to be so entranced by an anime called:
Uh-huh. This is currently what makes my heart swell with ecstasy. An anime about really weird-ass wizards. There isn’t really a reason why I’m so invested in it (but I do have a theory, which I’ll cover soon), but I just am. You mention this topic, and you’ve pretty much set off a fangirl atomic bomb. I finished up to episode 205 just a couple days ago, and it took me about a month? to get there from episode 48, give or take. That’s a friggin’ miracle with my schedule. I just can’t even deal with my love of this show. Now that I’m caught up, I’m left tapping my fingers and posting wayyyyy too much ship stuff on my Pinterest. (Sorry, Andrea, I’m so sorry.) But my theory! It makes me so HAPPY!
HOWEVER, THERE IS SOME SERIOUS SPOILERS. DON’T READ ON IF YOU WANT THIS ANIME OR THE IRON FEY SERIES (MORE SO FAIRY TAIL) SPOILED. SERIOUSLY. LEAVE. »»»»»»»»
»»»»»*WAVES CHEERFULLY AND SMILES SWEETLY* NOW GET THE FRICKITY-FRACK OUT.
So, to discuss another one of my obsessions, The Iron Fey Series. Yes, this again. But hear me out! I’ve always been really emotionally invested in the books, but I was chatting with Jessica way back when she was just starting Fairy Tail, and we came to a discovery. A head-cannon of sorts.
If you’ve read or started to read the books and watched a bit of Fairy Tail, then you’ve encountered the main group. (In Fairy Tail, they are Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Grey, and Happy. In The Iron Fey Series, they are Meghan, Ash, Puck, Grimalkin, and for our comparison purpose, Titania.)(just to be clear, the summer biatch queen IS NOT a main character. Seriously.)
Now. Erza is often referred to as Titania in the show. She is also viewed as the “Fairy” Queen, holds a position of authority, and is a beautiful red-head with a no-bull attitude. To me, this sounds rather similar to a certain summer fairie. *ahem* Possibly the queen of the summer fey? *eyebrow quirk* Which got me thinking about ALL of the characters.
(Hopefully you see where I am headed with this.)
If you take a look at each set of characters, it doesn’t take much to see some similarities. For example:
- Natsu Dragneel, a loyal, fiery-headed “fairy” with fire magic, is sassy and witty, but also an idiot when It comes to his emotions. He is fiercely protective, and is extremely threatening and scary when angry. He has a love-hate frenemie relationship with Gray Fullbuster, and a semi-romantic relationship with Lucy Heartfillia.
- Robin (Puck) Goodfellow, a loyal, fiery-headed fairie with magic that includes flames, is incredibly sassy and witty, but often battles with his emotions. He is fiercely protective, living with past regrets, which often makes him volatile and threatening when angry. He is frenemies with Ash of the Winter Court, and has romantic interest in Meghan Chase.
- Grey Fullbuster, a somewhat broody ice wizard, is somewhat reserved and often comes off angry. He is not as emotional as other charcters, and has many past grievances that burden him. He has dark hair and icy eyes. (And a really bad stripping habit.) He is frenemies with Natsu Dragneel.
- Ash of the Winter Court, a very broody ice wizard, is reserved and comes off angry. He is not as emotionally volatile as other charcters, and has many past grievances that burden him. He has dark hair and icy eyes. He is frenemies with Robin (Puck) Goodfellow, and romantically involved with Meghan Chase.
- Lucy Heartfillia, a newer member to the Fairy society, is a blonde wizard who practices celestial spirit magic, which is very versatile. She is painfully loyal, and although sometimes whiny, strong-spirited and brave. She is easily embarrassed. She isn’t officially involed romantically with anyone, but there is definitely something between her and Natsu.
- Meghan Chase, a newer faerie to the NeverNever, is a blonde half-faerie who practices several types of powerful magic. She is painfully loyal, and although sometimes whiny, strong-spirited and brave. She is easily embarrassed. She is involved with Ash of the Winter Court.
DO I EVEN NEED TO GET INTO THE SASSY, MAGIC CATS? IF THIS ISN’T OBVIOUS TO YOU, THESE CHARACTERS ARE PRETTY SIMILAR. AND THAT IS SO FRICKING COOL. I GET A FRESH START WITH CHILDHOOD CHARACTERS I LOVE, EXCEPT THIS TIME IT LOOKS LIKE MY SHIP WILL SAIL (Lucy X Natsu/Meghan X Puck) AND I GET TO SQUEAL WITH DELIGHT AND MAKE COMPARISONS ALL. THE. TIME.
So yeah, I am a crazy-ass fangirl with an anime obsession and weird head-cannon, but why can’t I be? What do you guys think? Do YOU see what I see? Let me know. Thanks so much for joining up with me. Have a wonderful day!
-Fandom Fighter Haley