I placed the order for my new computer today. Thanks to some amazingly generous followers I was able to get an outstanding system. It is extremely fast and powerful and I really do think the time it will save, just from the speed alone, will help me use less energy. And I think this computer should last me for a long time… even in computer years. I was so nervous to spend this much money. I stared at the “place order” button for over an hour. My anxiety was out of control. But I finally said, “screw it” and pressed the button.
It will look similar to the pictures above. I couldn’t afford their custom liquid cooling so I won’t have those cool red tubes, but it will be red and black. For those computer geeks I will list my final system specs below. Others may want to just start scrolling on by.
Final system configuration…
- Case: Corsair 800D
- Case Lighting: Remote Controlled Multi-Colored LED
- Case Fans: ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Red
- Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 4-WaySLI capable)
- System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 360 Sealed Liquid Cooling System
- Processors: Overclocked Intel Core i7 3930K 4.5GHz - 5.2GHz LGA 2011 Hex-Core
- Power Supply: 750 Watt EVGA NEX750G
- Graphic Cards: Single 3GB EVGA GTX 780
- ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
- Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (4x8GB)
- Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Edition
- Hard Drive One: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro Series
- Hard Drive Two: Seagate 4 TB HDD
- Optical Drive One: ASUS 24X CD/DVD Burner
- Bay Devices: AeroCool Touch 2100 Temperature Display and Fan Controller
Again, thank you all for helping me out on this. It should be shipping in the first week of July. Anyone who made a donation is welcome to come over and play video games with all settings on maximum or if that isn’t your thing you can pet Otis.