Privacy and Ignoring Users
How do I create a password-protected blog?
- Click the menu in the upper right area of the Dashboard that shows all of the blogs on your account. The icon for the menu is a small circle with a triangle inside of it.
- Click “Create a new blog” at the bottom of the menu.
- Enter the title and desired URL, then check the box that says “Password protect this blog.”
- Enter a password.
- Click “Create private blog.”
Can I make my primary blog private?
No, your primary blog is public, so you can’t prevent someone from following or from viewing your blog’s pages or RSS feed.
How do I ignore someone?
What happens when I ignore someone?
- They will not be able to see your posts on their Dashboard.
- You won’t see them listed in post notes or Dashboard notifications.
- You will also not receive any messages from them.
Will someone know if I’ve ignored them?
We don’t tell users that you’ve ignored them, but they may figure it out themselves.
How else can I protect my privacy?
Even though you can’t password-protect your primary blog, you can make specific posts private by selecting “private” in the “publish now” menu when you create or edit a post. If you’re using the Bookmarklet, you’ll find this option in the Advanced area.